Facilitating online purchases and a streamlined user experience
Implementing full e-commerce functionality and multilingual capability for research at the forefront of scientific innovation.
Advent RM has operated for over 30 years, supplying high purity metals, alloys and polymers to the scientific research community across the globe.
Their old site allowed customers to browse products but there was no functionality to purchase online which was holding back their business. Furthermore, the majority of pages were not mobile responsive and used an older design.
We worked with them to redesign the site and implement full e-commerce functionality as well as multilingual capability. The new site has many technical features, including:
- Membership area with account management and order history
- 7 different global currency options with IP lookup to display the user’s native currency
- 4 language options
- Ability to pay online via Stripe
- Ability to generate a quote and pay on credit
- Automatic assigning of new members to an existing organisation
- Safeguards to ensure a user’s currency and delivery location match
- Complex VAT calculations based on location and currency
The 8,000+ products are managed via Access Dimensions and we created a seamless link up between this and Kentico 12 MVC. The client can import products alongside the pricing and shipping matrix, with a scheduled task to update the user-facing site with the new data daily. There are multiple layers of communication between the site and Access Dimensions, giving the client full control over their products.
The new design for the site makes the UX much more streamlined, with users able to get to products in half the number of clicks. The checkout process is clean and straightforward, allowing users to purchase online straightaway. This will decrease the management time required at Advent RM whilst also significantly boosting revenue. As our first Kentico 12 MVC e-commerce, we are particularly proud of the end result, especially as we have added significant bespoke functionality to it.